LOUISVILLE, Ky. (September 15, 2016) – Bourbon industry publication, The Bourbon Review, has released its annual list of America’s 80 Best Bourbon Bars and bourbon’s homeplace leads the nation with the number of establishments honored.
Kentucky boasts 22 of the 80 bars recognized nationally. During National Bourbon Heritage Month, The Bourbon Review will partner with Four Roses Bourbon for a nationwide “toast” to each of the 80 establishments selected.
Eight Louisville bars were selected as part of the list, including:
- Bourbons Bistro
- Charr’d Bourbon Kitchen and Lounge
- Derby Café
- Doc Crows
- Down One Bourbon Bar
- Haymarket Whiskey Bar
- Proof on Main
- Silver Dollar
- Louisville has the most recognized bourbon bars than any other city in America. All eight of the establishments honored are also a part of the city’s Urban Bourbon Trail, a “pub crawl” that celebrates Louisville’s bourbon heritage and culture.
The next most recognized city, Lexington has five bars that were selected, including:
- Bluegrass Tavern
- Belle’s Cocktail House
- The Paddock Bar and Patio
- Old Bourbon County Kitchen
Three bars were honored in the “Bourbon Capital of the World” Bardstown:
- The Old Talbot Tavern
- Kentucky Bourbon Market Place
- Harrison Smith House
The other bourbon bars honored in Kentucky include:
- The Miller House in Owensboro
- Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar in Covington
- Wiseguy Lounge in Covington
- The Prohibition Bourbon Bar at Newberry Bros Coffee in Newport
- Jane Barleycorn’s Market and Bar in Danville
- Old Owl Tavern in Harrodsburg
The nationwide “toast” will take place on Friday, September 30, when The Bourbon Review and Four Roses Bourbon will encourage fans to take part by tagging their favorite bourbon bar from the list using the hashtag #80Toast.
In addition to the toast, on-site visits to select winning Bourbon bars across the country by Four Roses Bourbon and The Bourbon Review are planned for September and October.
“We are proud to once again partner with The Bourbon Review to help celebrate its Top 80 list,” said Brent Elliott, master distiller, Four Roses Bourbon. “It’s an honor to recognize and toast these establishments who take their Bourbon as seriously as we do.”
The Bourbon Review compiled the list of establishments, broken down by regions:
- Bourbon Country region
- Midwest region
- Northeast region
- Southern region
- Western region
To see the full list of America’s 80 Best Bourbon Bars, please visit www.gobourbon.com/best-80-bourbon-bars-2016.