The historic former firehouse now offers distillery visitors lunch and dessert in the newly opened Café. Originally constructed on the distillery grounds in 1951, the firehouse and its employees protected the highly flammable barrels of spirits in the warehouses. In 1964, the distillery traded its hand-pump engine for a Ford fire truck that can still be seen parked in front of the Café. The building was used for storage after the advent of the modern sprinkler system. Today the firehouse displays memorabilia from its early days, and provides soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts to hungry visitors.